Saturday, February 22, 2014

Laughter Is Sunshine

“Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face.”
-Victor Hugo

It's been sunny here in London for the past few days, and I'm hoping that it's a sure sign of Spring to come.  In true NYU fashion, another free theatre show was arranged, this time to Les Miserables.


I didn't know anything about the play.  I had never seen the movie, or listened to any of the songs (except for the cover on a Glee episode), or even read the book.  I expected nothing.

It was so incredible.  I was tearing up after the first act, and full out crying at the end of the play.  So many characters, so many incredible actors.  The play brought out a whole range of emotions from sad to uplifting, and I left the theatre speechless.

Now I'm convinced I have to watch the movie, and read the book, and see the play again.  For me personally, the theme of love stood out the most.  It gave me goosebumps.



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment