Thursday, September 26, 2013

Buckingham Palace

"The Beatles received their British Empire medals and, so it was said, smoked cannabis in the lavatories at Buckingham Palace."
-John MortimerParadise Postponed

This week was filled with a little game I like to call, "How Many Touristy Things Can I Do In One Day?: UK Edition."  Wicked, Stonehenge and Salisbury, the Magna Carta, and Buckingham Palace... It's been a hectic week.

Buckingham Palace set the bar for what my future house will look like when I'm older.  Considering I can get a castle in France for cheaper than an apartment in New York City, it might be a viable option.  Tourists aren't allowed in the residence areas of the palace, but the staterooms we saw were enough to blow me away.




Unfortunately, the palace has a strict no-camera policy, so the only picture I was able to snag was outside in the garden.  Although each of the rooms had their own unique paintings, carpets, and decor, my favorite part of each room was the ceilings.  After I noticed the ceiling in the first room, I made sure to look up in every room we entered.  The details of every ceiling were different, but incredibly beautiful -- just look at the ceiling in the throne room and you'll know what I'm talking about!  You just knew that someone spent probably months just carving out the leaf details on one ceiling.  

So, thank you Buckingham Palace, for solidifying my interest in owning a castle.



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment