Friday, November 29, 2013

Gratitude

“Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
-William Arthur Ward

I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  It's full of tradition for me.  I've done the same thing for Thanksgiving for the past 19 years of my life.

I've always woken up to sit on the couch and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in my pajamas.  Some years, my dad even took us into Manhattan and we would find a spot along the parade route and watch the parade.  It's always amazing to see the huge balloons in person.  The night before the parade, the balloons get blown up and spectators are allowed to walk around and see all the blown-up balloons.  It's amazing to see it as a kid.  The Parade has always been a very important part of Thanksgiving for me.

It doesn't air in England, so I'm keeping up with the tradition by streaming it online (which may or may not be legal...).

Another tradition is watching whatever football game is on with my family after our huge late lunch.  Again, because I'm in England, I don't think I'll be watching an American football game today, but hopefully some sports event is going on that I can watch while I digest food.

  I've never been involved with the food preparation, so the only tradition I have regarding Thanksgiving dinner is eating it.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends, family, and opportunities that life has given me.  I feel so blessed everyday to be surrounded by amazing people.  Yes, Thanksgiving is a day to show immense gratitude, and the holiday is a good reminder that we have so much to be thankful for every day.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment