Monday, July 1, 2013

Don't Resist

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.  Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow.  Let reality be reality.  Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." 
-Lao Tzu

My friends, sister, and I all planned to stay in the city all weekend.

I had never been to Sarabeth's, so we decided to brunch there on Saturday morning.  I had the Apple Cinnamon French Toast, which was divine.


(via Instagram)

After that, my sister and I walked along Central Park South before heading down to Washington Square Park.  On our way back up to the apartment, we lied down in the Madison Square Park lawn.  It was a day full of parks.  We like parks.  I like parks.

 (My sister and I in front of the arch in Washington Square Park)


Getting ready to turn in for the night, my friend Kat got a Snapchat from her friend inviting Sidney, my sister, and me to the Hamptons.  Now, this was around 9:00 pm, and it took us about three milliseconds to decide to take him up on his offer and go!  Hey, why not?  Luckily, I had my car in the city, and it took us about an hour and a half to reach Southampton.  It was such a fun (mini) road trip spent mostly jamming in the car.

When we got to the Hamptons, we spent the night on Kat's friend's boat.  (Yes, we started obligatorily singing "I'm On A Boat"...)  Sidney, my sister, and I all took turns pretending to drive the boat.


Yeah, we don't know how to operate a boat... but we had a ton of fun nonetheless!

Going to the Hamptons on a whim like that was the most spontaneous thing I've ever done, and it was definitely one of the most fun trips I've ever taken.



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment