Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nothing Better

"In my teens I was interested in photography. Then I decided that I should learn something about the world of commerce. And I came to America at age 17 to escape Europe. I went to NYU - nothing better than being 17 years old and coming to New York."
-Nicolas Berggruen

Today is move-in day for everyone, and while I'm not moving in today, I'm just as excited for everyone continuing their journey at NYU or just beginning.  Receiving my acceptance letter in my email inbox is still one of the most memorable moments of my life.


I absolutely am in love with NYU and everything about it.  Yes, we don't have a traditional campus, but we've accepted Washington Square Park as our quad.  We're always ranked in the Top 10 Dream Colleges (number 4 this year!).  Citibike accommodates us.  The Empire State Building lights shine purple and white for our commencement.  And don't forget: we graduate in Yankee Stadium.  NYU is truly "in and of the city."

So get excited!!  The best four years of your life are just beginning.

Welcome Week Tips
-Get an unlimited monthly Metrocard
-Learn the subway system
-Take advantage of all the free food
-Go tanning in Washington Square Park
-Go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond for midnight shopping
-Did I mention all the free food you get?
-Be outgoing

I think one of the most important things about living in New York City is all the stuff there is to do.  You don't want to be limited by the amount of money on your Metrocard.  (Hint: this is a good parting gift to ask your parents for.)  Like I said before, the area around NYU is pretty accommodating to our needs.  Bed, Bath, and Beyond hosts an almost party-like shopping experience during Welcome Week, with tons of sales and prizes and candy and party favors.  That's something you definitely don't want to miss.  Most important, be outgoing.  Remember, everyone is new and shy and eager to meet people, so just go for it!


GET EXCITED!  And welcome to NYU!



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment