Monday, September 16, 2013

Clouds and Rain


"In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul."
-Jerzy Kosinski

England is wet.  It's always raining, and when it's not raining, it's going to rain.  We got really lucky for the first week that we were here.  London was having record-breaking nice weather, and it gave all of us New Yorkers a false sense of security.  Sure enough, the rain came.


Downtown Field Jacket // Horsing Around sweatshirt
skinny jeans // duck boots (similar)

This is the outfit I wore when we went to Dover for a day trip.  We were expecting rain, and I was at least expecting mud, so I made sure to dress for the weather.

Everyone knows I love my Sperry's (maybe it was apparent after the 8th pair), and these duck boots are no exception.  They're just perfect for rain, mud, and general "wetness."  I also love the quilted detail on these.  It just makes the boot a little more exciting without being obnoxious.

The J. Crew field jacket is my new favorite.  I had always wanted it, but only bought it after I saw Michelle Obama wearing it.  I love love love it, and it's something I can actually wear in the light drizzle that always seems to be coming down in England.  I stupidly forgot my North Face Denali jacket at home (as in America), so this has been my replacement fall jacket.  It's also a lot better for layering than a North Face, which is always a plus.

I've saved the best for last.  J. Crew gets an A+ for the Horsing Around sweatshirt.  I tend to disregard J. Crew emails when I get them, because once I click on them I always seem to need everything (J. Crew marketing team also gets an A+), but I'm so glad I was able to see this sweatshirt in a recent email.  I called my local J. Crew and asked them to put it on hold for me, and I bought it a few hours later.  It's great to throw over anything, and it's warm and comfy.  Also, horses.  I love it.

Unfortunately for me, I have to wait until November (at least) for J. Crew to open here in London.  Maybe that's a good thing.  If I can practice self-control with those daily J. Crew emails, hopefully I won't go crazy the day J. Crew opens in London.



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment