Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Unsustainable Lifestyle

"This is an unsustainable lifestyle."
-Rachel Levine-Ramirez

The past 20 days here in London have been absolutely amazing (minus my tiny bouts of homesickness).  Since I only have class twice a week this year, the weekend starts at 5pm on Wednesday, and it's just go go go.  Obviously most days are reserved for studying and doing homework, but the nights are a different story.

In New York, getting alcohol wasn't exactly hard, but it wasn't as easy as walking into a supermarket and just buying some.  I think we're all still getting used to the fact that we're legal here.  Work hard, play harder seems to be the prevailing mantra, but everyone knows deep down that this is unsustainable.  I mean, it has to be, right?

Right now, I feel like my life is like The Wolf of Wall Street (or at least this trailer).


I'm really excited for this movie to come out so I can see how it ends (I mean, I could read the book but...).  Obviously the guy ends up in jail, and I promise I won't end up in jail.  But how long can this period of greatness go on?

I'm super busy this week with trips and events.  Wicked on Wednesday, Stonehenge on Friday, Buckingham Palace on Saturday.  And sometime in between all of those things I have to do about a hundred pages of reading (at least).  I'm already exhausted just thinking about it.

I follow Humans Of New York on Facebook, and this picture/quote really stood out to me:




This is exactly how I feel right now.  I'm so anxious, but at the same time I'm living everyday to the fullest.  I don't want fear to stop me from having a good time and enjoying myself.  After all, isn't that what studying abroad is all about?



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment