Thursday, September 5, 2013

Eternal Calmness

"The scenic ideals that surround even our national parks are carriers of a nostalgia for heavenly bliss and eternal calmness."
-Robert Smithson

I love love love parks.  In New York, I passed Central Park, Washington Square Park, and Madison Square Park almost daily.  The warm, green grass was perfect for after-class naps or study breaks.  Our class once even convinced our teacher to have class in Washington Square Park, and it was absolutely perfect.

I'm loving London but I still miss New York.  I am having very real separation anxiety from my 24-hour Duane Reade.  At least I've found a few parks here that are gems, so it almost makes up for it.  Almost.

On the way to class, we pass three parks, but Russell Square is my favorite.



There's just something about the way the sun shines through the trees, and the way the wind blows the leaves around.  It's so beautiful and I can't get over it.


Obviously this was NOT donated
by the Tisch Family
The fountain doesn't even compare to Washington Square Park's fountain, but hey, they tried.  On a nice day, this is where you'll find me, lying on a blanket under the shade of a tree.



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment