Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Always Down

"I'm always down to try a new burger, but Shake Shack is still my top."
-Aziz Ansari

Last week, it was the most beautiful day in London since I've been here.  The end of summer was nice, but nothing beats a perfect Fall day.  After attending a conference at The Mayfair, I stepped outside into the perfect temperature.  The sun was shining and I had nowhere to be so I decided to walk around and explore London.

The Ritz
My friend Kat and I decided to meet up at Covent Garden for lunch.  Instead of taking the Tube, I opted to walk the two miles.

I walked through Piccadilly Circus, which is supposed to be the equivalent of Times Square in New York.  It's not as bright and vibrant, and Times Square would have been absolutely packed on a day like this one, but it was actually quite empty.

 But where are all the people?
When I finally got to Covent Garden, the day was only getting sunnier.  I also couldn't believe how festive everything was.  It still shocks me how early everyone starts preparing for Christmas nowadays, but it was really nice to see the juxtaposition of the warm, sunny day and a Christmas tree.



















I had never been to the Covent Garden Market, so that's where Kat and I decided to grab lunch.  After spending about 20 minutes trying to find somewhere to eat, we finally just decided to not try something new and just get Shake Shack.  There's nothing like a good burger to remind you of home.

Basically Madison Square Park...
Always say yes to bacon




So yeah, you see that number in the receipt?  My total was 33.25 British pounds, which is the equivalent of $54.06.  I never thought I'd spend 50 bucks on Shake Shack, but after two burgers, two milkshakes, and a Shake Shack London Tshirt, it was well worth it.

It was definitely the most perfect day.



Rachel


P.S. I'm back from Fall Break, so there are many more picture heavy posts to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment