Friday, July 19, 2013

YOLO: Yankees Only Live Once

“The reporter asked, "why did you play so hard."

"Because there might have been somebody in the stands today who'd never seen my play before, and might never see me again" 
-Joe DiMaggio



Last Friday, our friends took us out to a baseball game.  I absolutely love the Yankees so I was psyched to go to another game of the season.  Unfortunately for my friends and me, it was a horrible day.  It poured the whole time!  We were given ponchos but they didn't really help.

via Instagram
We obviously still had fun.

We left the game when they called the first rain delay.  By then, we were just tired of the rain and wanted to leave.  Our family friends who took us to the game suggested we go back home to Connecticut with them.  So, instead of taking the B or D back to Rockefeller Center, we took the Metro North to Stamford.


What?  Look!  It's Connecticut!

After spending the night, we spent the next day shopping in New Canaan.  Sidney and I got the cutest Lilly Pulitzer outfits, both in Tango Orange Booze Cruise of course!


We had a nice train ride back, and our shopping bags had their own seats.

Shopaholics Anonymous, here we come!


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment